The power´s about to shut off, so a quick update:
Spent the last five days rolling fences in the eastern part of the park, 9 miles from the Argentine border. Beautiful valley with jagged, craggy mountains on both sides. Got to live in a house: yeah, you read it: a house. With a kitchen, bathroom, and a BED. It was downright weird to have so many amenities.
Highlight of the week was standing about 5 feet away from a tiny little pygmy owl. Pictures will be uploaded soon. You´ll definitely be jealous--he was a cutie. Oh, and we dissected the owl pellet he threw up. Apparently he likes mouse heads and beatles.
Tomorrow, Mack, Jon, and I are heading out on a 5 day trip to Valle Hermoso. Given that we´re not following any trail and are hiking for 5 days, it should be a pretty epic adventure. It´ll probably (okay, definitely) be the most remote place I´ve ever been.
Another update when I return! Sorry for the brevity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment