My new house is even smaller.
Okay, it's not really a house--I'll be living out of a tent for the next few months. A Black Diamond Mirage, to be precise. 30 sq. ft. of highly-engineered aluminum and nylon and not a whole lot else. The lap of luxury. I sincerely hope it can stand up to the wind.
I'm actually really excited to have a two-person tent to myself. Last time I did this, while traveling through Switzerland for 6 weeks in 2006, I lived out of the smallest freaking tent imaginable. The thing was so small that I couldn't sit up while inside it, nor could I fit both myself and my backpack inside at the same time. The few thunderstorms I weathered in that tent were some of the most terrifying and claustrophobic experiences of my life. Schrodinger's cat: I know how you feel.
This tent feels ginormous in comparison. I can actually sit up in it! And if you're looking to get away to southern Chile for a bit, I might even have a little room to share!
Hi Justin
ReplyDeleteI wish you luck and hope you enjoy your time in Chile. Are you staying in one place most of the time or plan to be on the move? If you stay in one place I would take the time to build a platform and get up off the ground. I think it rains a fair amount where you are headed. In your previous message you mentioned not taking the laptop. I hope you are able to get some reports back to us on your adventures.
Have fun.
Gary
Dude. Don't tempt me.
ReplyDelete